Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Surrounded by beauty...

It has always been difficult for me to "stop and smell the roses". I've always been the go go go type of girl. I've always kept myself busy and never really took the time to appreciate the beauty that surrounds me. After all, I was a Marine, and focusing on anything other than the "mission" was a waste of time. 
I have lived in one of the most beautiful places in the United States for the past 6 years and haven't really taken the time to take in all of its beauty. 
Through my "self discovery" adventure, I have realized so many new things about ME and being outdoors, taking it all in is one of them. 
Last Saturday I took a trip down to the trails of Torrey Pines. I've never seen such beauty. What was supposed to be a short nature hike, turned into one of the most amazing mornings of my life. I can honestly say that I have never felt so free. After enjoying a slow hike and taking many pictures, I decided to turn it into a run and still managed to keep a smile on my face. Wow...what a feeling!! Here is one of the pictures I took that lovely morning...
How could you not fall in love with the beauty that surrounds us daily?
I have made a promise to myself to take these types of adventures once a week, whether I am alone or sharing the experience with a friend. 








No comments:

Post a Comment